Looking for training documents? Click here!
Hi! I like a lot of things! I care about education (especially in tech), access (especially to moving images), the act of creation (especially on the web), and good archival practice (especially with digital formats).
I blog here sometimes!
- March: National Forum on Ethics and Archiving the Web: Talking about web archiving
- March: NEA/ART 2018: Talking about web archiving
- April-June: On "sabbatical" at Recurse Center
- April: IS&T ArchSC10: Digital Audiovisual File Formats: Identification, Validation, Specification Verification Workshop
I have no time for new projects at this time. My availability will be open again in July.
Learn more about my work experience and background, and what I have learned, here: "How did I get here?"
In the past, I've worked for numerous organizations including but not limited to the New York Public Library, Bay Area Video Coalition, MediaArea, and the University of South Carolina in archivist, (technical) development, and digital repository specialist roles (or a combination of the above).
If my resume is what you are after, download it here.
- A/V Artifact Atlas
- LaMaMa ETC Digital Collections | [article]
- QCTools signalserver
- avpres-training ✨
- ffmprovisr | [blog]
- IETF CELLAR Working Group
- Minimum Viable Station Documentation
- Minimum Viable Station Documentation: Recipes
- No Time To Wait! Symposium
- The Collection Management System Collection
- Barthes Tarot
- cats: a command line tool
- Film Formats Quiz (ft. Beyoncé)
- I Ching | [blog]
- Poirot Yourself!
- Portable Auroratone
- Scopitone Jukebox
- Signal Loss: Mapping "video errors" in Star Trek | [writeup@avclub]
- @nypl_cats and @nypl_dogs | [writeup@fusion]
All my talks can be found here.
- WGBH: CLI and FFMpeg
- USC SLIS 777: What is a minimum digital repository?
- iPRES 2016: Quality Standards for Preserving Digital Cultural Heritage
- Tate: Conservation of Digital Video Workshop
- NYU: XSLT Workshop
- WiHPEM: Commit with Git
- USC: Wordpress Website Workshop
- USC: Film Library Inspection Party
- Screen Slate
- AMIA (2016): Digital Preservation Workshop
- AMIA (2016): Digital Preservation Stream team
- AMIA (2016): DIY Community Archiving Stream team
- XFR Collective (2015 - 2016) [hyperallergic]
- Code4lib (2014, 2015): Video stream team
- NYPL (unofficially): Technology is People
- LITA Guides: The Librarian's Introduction to Programming Languages (Ruby chapter)
- NYPL: Women's History in Digital Collections
- Bustle: Article about being a young woman interested in technology (with a clickbaity title they gave it)
- The Signal: Demystifying Digital Preservation for the Audiovisual Archiving Community
- The Signal: Improving Technical Options for Audiovisual Collections Through the PREFORMA Project
- The Signal: Wisdom is Learned: An Interview with Applications Developer Ashley Blewer
Blog posts people like the best
- CSS Grid and New Order
- Web Archiving: Accessibility and Archivability
- Non-technical person's guide to becoming an open source software contributor via Github
- Aspect Ratios in LEMONADE, Pt. 1
- Format-ion: Video playback errors in Beyonce's latest music video
- "Cry Map, Greater Boston Area, ca. 2010" (2017) | [blog]
- "kill your idols" (2015-2017)
- Rotoscopes! (2009)
- A comic about a cat (2008)
Please get in touch: